Executive Development Course (EDC) — Toronto
Mini-MBA — Understanding the full picture of business
This flagship program condenses key topics from leading MBA and EMBA programs. It is designed to boost your career success through a comprehensive understanding of the pillars of business: strategy, marketing, finance, negotiations, people skills, sustainability, and corporate social responsibility.
As the rules of the game change for almost every functional area of an organization, this learning experience oﬀers timely exposure to new techniques, tools, and trends. Launched in 1949, this is Canada’s top concise management program, from which hundreds graduate each year.
Delivered in Montreal, Toronto (Mississauga), Ottawa, and online, the format fits in well with the workday of busy professionals from both the private and public sectors.
Key Benefits and Takeaways
- Capture the key lessons of an MBA without the time and cost burden
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of core management functions
- Examine best practices in leadership, and in coaching employees to reach their potential
- Improve your ability to think strategically
- Sharpen your financial literacy to make quality management decisions
- Understand the facets of marketing excellence, raising awareness, and creating value
- Practice negotiation techniques to achieve successful, win-win outcomes
This program is valuable for those in the corporate, government, and non-profit sectors who want to be at their best but haven’t had time for an MBA or EMBA. It is also a perfect opportunity for those considering an MBA before making a commitment. It is beneficial for managers who have had exposure to one functional area and plan to move into a general management position.
The registration fee includes facilitation by our highly rated faculty members, digital course materials, results-oriented exercises, meal service (continental breakfast, lunch, and breaks), and a certificate of completion from the McGill Executive Institute.
Ask us how you could qualify for a special Mini-MBA Series Certificate.
Topics covered in this course
- Strategic Vision & Mission
- Leveraging Core Competencies
- Strategic Planning Process
- Competitive Analysis
- Understanding the Value Chain
- Strategic Decision-Making
- Economic Impact of Business
- Self-discovery & Personal Strengths
- Leader & Manager Styles
- Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
- Team Collaboration & Dynamics
- Conflict Resolution
- Presenting Confidently
- Leadership & Culture
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Ratio & Cash Flow Analysis
- Cash vs. Accrual Accounting
- Working Capital Management
- Evaluating Project ROI Using Payback, Net Present Value & Internal Rate of Return
- Techniques to Analyze Financial Operations
- Cost Behaviour & Decision Making
- Relevant Costs
- Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis
- Product Costing
- Cost Allocation
- Activity Based Costing & Management
- Negotiating Successfully
- Key Tools & Approaches
- Stages of Negotiation
- When to Share Information
- Team Negotiations
- Preparing Your Action Plan
- Overview of climate/sustainability crisis
- Understanding key tools and frameworks
- Measuring & assessing sustainability
- Integration into team projects
- Competitive Strategy
- Customer Experience
- GTM Strategy
- CRM Tools
- Sales Activation
The Mini-MBA Series
This program is part of the McGill Mini-MBA Series. Each cycle is designed to equip you with key business insights, comprehensive management practices, benchmarks, and business strategies taught in our full MBA program- at a fraction of the time and cost.
Online Information Session
April 12, 2023 – 12:00 pm ET
Join us online to learn more about the Mini-MBA Series, the curriculum, and the upcoming Online Mini-MBA programs. Advisors will be on hand to answer any live questions regarding the program.
A virtual learning experience featuring an interactive suite of synchronous (live) and asynchronous (self-paced) components from the comfort of your home or office.
View available online sessions