Executive Development Course (EDC) — Ottawa
Mini-MBA – Understanding the full picture of business
This flagship program condenses key topics from leading MBA and EMBA programs. It is designed to boost your career success through a comprehensive understanding of the pillars of business – strategy, marketing, finance, negotiations, and people skills. As the rules of the game change for almost every functional area of an organization, this learning experience oﬀers timely exposure to new techniques, tools, and trends. Launched in 1949, this is Canada’s top concise management program, from which hundreds graduate each year. Delivered in Montreal, Toronto (Mississauga), Ottawa, and online, the format fits in well with the workday of busy professionals from both the private and public sectors.
Key Benefits and Takeaways
- Capture the key lessons of an MBA without the time and cost burden
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of core management functions
- Examine best practices in leadership, and in coaching employees to reach their potential
- Improve your ability to think strategically
- Sharpen your financial literacy in to make quality management decisions
- Understand the facets of marketing excellence, raising awareness, and creating value
- Practice negotiation techniques to achieve successful, win-win outcomes
This program is valuable for those in the corporate, government, and non-profit sectors who want to be at their best, but haven’t had time for an MBA or EMBA. It is also a perfect opportunity for those considering an MBA before making a commitment. It is beneficial for managers who have had exposure to one functional area and plan to move into a general management position.
The registration fee includes facilitation by our highly rated faculty members, course materials, results-oriented exercises, meal service (breakfast, lunch and breaks), and a certificate of completion from the McGill Executive Institute.