Advanced Management Course (AMC) — Toronto
Mini-MBA – Managing your organization effectively and efficiently
A proven and popular seminar for more than 50 years, this practical and highly interactive program examines management’s major disciplines in depth and from a strategic perspective. The learning-by-doing format includes a realistic business simulation that enables you to respond concretely to complex management decisions and take away ideas that will have an immediate impact on the job. This is also an opportunity to gain or renew contacts with leading management decision makers, learn from peer storytelling, and gain new perspectives from the faculty team.
Delivered in Montreal, Toronto (Mississauga), and online, the format fits well with the workday of busy professionals from in both the public and private sectors.
Key Benefits and Takeaways
- Provides a condensed and up-to-date set of advanced management practices
- Enhances the ability to formulate and communicate key strategies
- Offers ideas to streamline management processes and set meaningful KPIs and goals
- Integrates late-breaking market, competitive, and organizational issues for managing change
- Includes personalized discussions with faculty that assist in implementing solutions
- Learn to apply new skills through a realistic and engaging business simulation
- Benchmark yourself and connect with peers from diverse industries/organizations
This program is designed for experienced decision makers who manage at regional, national, and international levels. Participants require strong management experience and/or an MBA academic background. This program is an outstanding next step for those who have completed our Mini-MBA Executive Development Course (EDC)
Contact us to make sure that this seminar is right for you.
The registration fee includes facilitation by our highly rated faculty members, digital course materials, results-oriented exercises, meal service (continental breakfast, lunch, and breaks), and a certificate of completion from the McGill Executive Institute.
Ask us how you could qualify for a special Mini-MBA Series Certificate.
Topics covered in this course
- Building Market Leadership
- Buyer Behavior
- Customer Experience Management
- Customer Lifeitme Value
- Go-to-Market Trends & Tech Innovations
- AI Essentials & Applications
- Advanced Presenting Skills
- Gaining First-Hand Experience Running a Simulated Business
- Making Decisions That Impact Key Functional Areas
- Analyzing Environments to Develop & Implement a Business Plan
- Transitioning From Silos to Cross-Functional Alignment
- Turning Disruption Into Opportunity
- Building Competitive Advantage
- Understanding Your Value Chain
- Strategic Growth & Trade-Offs
- Connecting Plans to Results
- Importance of Strategic Execution
- Strategizing on Multiple Levels (Firm, Product, Market, etc.)
- Capital Budgeting & Decision Making
- Profitability Index
- Opportunity Cost
- Shareholder Value & Rights
- Risk and Net Present Value
- Forecasting Cash Flows
- Payback Period
- Debt vs Equity
- Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
- Venture Capital
- Understanding Agile Principles
- Creating a Culture of Continous Improvement
- Optimizing & Streamlining Processes
- Creating Lean Supply Chains
- Operational Flows & Efficiency
- What Marketing Means Today
- Segmenting, Targeting
- Positioning & Customer Insights
- Product Development
- Brand Strategies
- Digital Marketing
- Market Research & Idea Testing
- Pricing Strategies
- Service Excellence
The Mini-MBA Series
This program is part of the McGill Mini-MBA Series. Each cycle is designed to equip you with key business insights, comprehensive management practices, benchmarks, and business strategies taught in our full MBA program- at a fraction of the time and cost.
Online Information Session
June 7, 2023 – 12:00 pm ET
Join us online to learn more about the Mini-MBA Series, the curriculum, and the upcoming Online Mini-MBA programs. Advisors will be on hand to answer any live questions regarding the program.
A virtual learning experience featuring an interactive suite of synchronous (live) and asynchronous (self-paced) components from the comfort of your home or office.
View available online sessions