Lean Six Sigma Black Belt — Online
Become a trained improvement agent who demonstrates change management skills, project management skills, team leadership, and understands team dynamics
A Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is a trained improvement agent who demonstrates change management skills, project management skills, team leadership, and understands team dynamics. Certified Black Belts implement breakthrough improvements.
This hands-on training program will allow you to apply Six Sigma Black Belt principles in real-time, as you work through a project from definiton to implementation. In addition to the 9.5 days of training, the program includes 16 hours of coaching on your individual project.
This training and certification program is an excellent next step for individuals who have completed Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training.
Upon completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Lead complex and multifunctional process improvement or process design projects
- Manage projects using a roadmap that encompasses change management
- Identify and optimize the key factors that are linked to the customers needs in a process or product
- Analyze data and information to demonstrate and prove the way forward
- Achieve successful breakthroughs in environments where resistance is a challenge
This training program is offered online and taught in English. View below for upcoming online sessions..
This program is designed for managers, directors, project managers, business analysts, process engineers, consultants, manufacturing engineers, warehouse, distribution, and logistics specialists. Many companies in the services and manufacturing sectors recognize the competitive advantage of employees with a process improvement set of skills and mindset. These companies include Lean Six Sigma requirements in their senior and management job descriptions and related postings.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification from McGill University.
Other Green Belt certifications are welcome and will be assessed for content equivalence.
- 2 years of work experience (in any field)
- Exceptions will be reviewed.
The registration fee includes facilitation by our highly rated faculty members, a comprehensive digital workbook and results oriented exercises. In addition, you will also be provided with 16 hours of coaching during the project phase, Lean Six Sigma Companion templates from the Abacus Team, and access to Minitab for the duration of the course.
After completing the training and all certification requirements, participants will obtain a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate awarded by McGill University and the Council for Six Sigma Certification, and signed by a Certified Master Black Belt.
- Complete 1 project from definition to implementation, including controls
- Pass interim exams
- Pass final exam
- Training overview
- Project selection
- Certification requirements
- Selecting the right projects to improve
- Strategic planning / Hoshin Kanri
- Multi-generation project plans
- Defining the project
- Teamwork and team building
- Overview of process management
- Project management tools and principles
- Change management tools
- Leadership styles
- Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning: applications and overall process
- Voice of the customer and survey techniques
- Mapping the process
- Value Stream Mapping
- Measurement system analysis (Gauge R&R, continuous, attribute)
- Advanced Process capability for normal and non normal data
- Coaching, giving feedback
- Sample size calculation
- Hypothesis testing, ANOVA
- Correlation and regression
- Selection of the factors to improve
- AI/ML supervised (KNN, LR)
- AI/ML unsupervised (K Means, PCA) learning
- Workshops guidelines and facilitation
- Process design methodology including the Pugh matrix
- Scenario evaluations and selection, creativity
- Design of experiment (full, fractional)
- Pull: Kanban, heijunka
- Pilot and implementation plan
- Change management
- AI/ML Neural networks and deep leaning notions
- AI/ML Reinforcement learning
- Setting a control plan (recap)
- Evaluation of the gains
- Control charts, SPC (recap only)
- Written Exam
- Practical Exam
P. Eng., M. Eng., MBB, PMP, CM&A, Agile SMC, DASSM, EP, CCMP
CCMP, PMP, MBB, Agile SMC, CTDP, Prosci Certified Change Practitioner
Accredited Training Providers
The Council for Six Sigma Certification is a professional accrediting body within the Six Sigma industry. The accredited training providers are rigorously reviewed to ensure that they meet an extensive checklist of compliance.
Get notified about upcoming sessions
Sign up to get updates on upcoming Lean Six Sigma course dates.Sign Up