Integrated Management Thinking (IMT) — Online
Mini-MBA – Entrepreneurship and launching new business ideas
As the most senior-level program in McGill’s Mini-MBA Series, this experience helps seasoned managers make sound decisions that will support intelligent growth in their organizations. It is perfect for those wanting to enhance and refine their abilities in creativity and innovation, change management, strategic growth, financial acumen and entrepreneurial thinking. How can you be a catalyst for innovation and growth given your resources, capabilities, and restrictions? Are you equipped to lead and execute change? Can you establish the readiness needed to capture opportunities? These questions and more will be answered in a dynamic, idea-sharing format, assisted by outstanding professors with real-world experience. Delivered in Montreal, Toronto (Mississauga) and Online, the format fits well with the workday of busy professionals from both private and public sectors.
Key Benefits and Takeaways
- Explore trends in leadership, innovation, finance, entrepreneurship, and growth strategies
- Capture advanced-level insights often found in the final “integration” phase of leading MBA/EMBA programs
- Learn to better analyze your options and make more successful decisions
- View your business through multiple lenses, ensuring greater harmony among functions and units
- Test your ability to launch new ideas, gain buy-in, and take action on projects
- Network and share ideas with an exceptional peer group from diverse industries
Topics covered in this course
- Create a culture of innovation
- Breakthrough, continuous and incremental innovation
- Value innovation: tools for creating new opportunities
- Commercialize innovation
- Sustainability and corporate social responsibility
- Business model canvas
- Understand growth options: organic, joint ventures, M&A and alliances
- Take risks and balance quality vs. speed to market
- Stages of creative thinking
- Intro to design thinking
- Team ideation
- Brainstorming and value creation
- Build a strong business case: tips and techniques
- Create your new integrated business model
- Convince business leaders that your growth strategy or new idea is worth their attention
- Finance and cost your ideas
- Leverage your assets and resources
- Source investment capital
- Evaluate risk in your growth model
- Drive forces of successful change
- Link change behaviours to business results
- Spark change in both small and large/mature organizations
- Navigate change anxiety
- Personal resilience and self development planning
The Mini-MBA Series
This program is part of the McGill Mini-MBA Series: a three-part series designed to equip you with key business insights, comprehensive management practices, benchmarks, and business strategies taught in our full MBA program—at a fraction of the time and cost.
Online Information Session
June 7, 2023 – 12:00 pm ET
Join us online to learn more about the Mini-MBA Series, the curriculum, and the upcoming Online Mini-MBA programs. Advisors will be on hand to answer any live questions regarding the program.
A virtual learning experience featuring an interactive suite of synchronous (live) and asynchronous (self-paced) components from the comfort of your home or office.
View available online sessions
Join your peers in our world-class facilities and explore the dynamic life of McGill University’s Montreal campus or one of our offsite locations.
View available sessions in Montreal.