Coaching for High Performance
Build your coaching muscle and generate greater engagement and performance
To remain competitive in today’s fast-paced world, more and more organizations are discovering that traditional “command and control” leadership is no longer effective. Successful organizations are moving to a model where the manager takes on the role of a coach and supports and guides employees rather than instructing them. Employees develop their own solutions and learn to adapt more easily to constantly shifting environments. This results in increased employee motivation and engagement—and higher performance.
Build your managerial effectiveness and accelerate your career by learning the proven skills of highly effective coaches in this workshop.
Key Benefits and Takeaways
- Learn what coaching is and why it has become a critical organizational competency
- Discover the key skills of effective coaching
- Adopt a Coaching Mindset
- Work with a proven coaching model
- Engage in effective coaching conversations
- Improve your skills in giving positive and constructive feedback
- Acquire tools to build motivation and engagement in the workplace
- Build your personal coaching style and learn how to adapt your style to different situations
This program is designed for professionals and managers at every organizational level. It is particularly relevant for anyone in a position to support training and development, transfer knowledge, develop skills, or implement change in their organization.
The registration fee includes facilitation by our highly rated faculty members, course materials, results-oriented exercises, meal service (continental breakfast, lunch, and breaks) *, and a certificate of completion from the McGill Executive Institute.
*Meal service is included for in-person programs only.
Topics covered during the program
- Learn the key competencies of effective coaching
- Coaching vs. Mentoring - what’s the difference?
- Learn how to ask powerful coaching questions
- Work with a proven coaching model to help structure your coaching conversations
- Engage in practice coaching sessions to hone your skills
- Discover your preferred coaching style and how to adapt your style to others
- Learn how to identify and seize coaching opportunities
- Master both positive and constructive feedback, how to deliver each effectively and how to manage difficult reactions
- Build awareness of your listening habits and how to bring presence and focus to your coaching conversations
- Examine beliefs that support a Coaching Mindset
- Understand the psychological factors that drive intrinsic motivation and performance and how to apply these in the workplace
- Understand the importance and impact of a coaching culture and how this drives engagement and accountability
- Examine the elements of an effective coaching relationship and how to integrate these into your coaching relationships