Strategic Problem Solving
Critical skills for organizational success
Of all the skills needed to succeed in work and life, research shows that complex problem solving is critical. But, for most of us, solving diﬃcult problems and selling the solutions does not come naturally. In this engaging and highly interactive seminar, we show you how to become a better problem solver and solution seller. The goal is to guide you through each step of the 4S method – from how to state, structure, and solve problems to how to sell the solutions. During the seminar, you will apply the method and toolkit to a pressing organizational problem you face. You will leave with a greatly improved understanding of how you can create value by helping your organization crack the problems that matter most.
Key Benefits and Takeaways
- Understand how to overcome the cognitive biases and pitfalls of problem solving
- Develop the discipline and confidence to tackle diﬃcult problems outside your expertise
- Define problems using the TOSCA framework
- Learn how to structure a problem
- Solve problems deductively using an analytic approach
- Discover design thinking through an overview
- Develop a persuasive report or presentation to sell the solution
This program is designed for managers, executives, engineers, and entrepreneurs who need a toolkit for innovation. Participants will learn how to provide more impactful, advanced, and sustainable solutions to complex problems in the business world.
The registration fee includes facilitation by our highly rated faculty members, course materials, results-oriented exercises, meal service (breakfast, lunch and breaks)*, and a certificate of completion from the McGill Executive Institute.
*Meal service is included for in-person programs only.