Managing Across Generations
Motivate employees with what matters to them
Many executives and managers have trouble pinpointing how to best recruit, manage, motivate, and work with a multi-generational workforce. While careful consideration must be taken to avoid overgeneralizing demographics, research has uncovered important trends that can help to better understand the diversity of Millennials, Generation X and Baby Boomers. This practical and fun learning lab will equip participants with tools to understand what diﬀerent generations want from their work environment and how to accommodate their communication styles, work habits, and motivational levers. Participants will leave the workshop with greater confidence and the ability to work with and lead a diverse, smoothly functioning team.
Key Benefits and Takeaways
- Embrace generational diversity and understand why some people react the way they do
- Build stronger working relationships among Millennials, Generation X, and Baby Boomers
- Turn negative stereotypes into positive performance and relationships
- Successfully manage varying work habits, communication styles, and motivators
- Develop greater personal influence and impact on the generations before or after yours
- Establish a common approach for a collaborative workplace.
This program is designed for managers and professionals at any level who need win-win solutions for a generationally diverse workforce. It is particularly useful for anyone seeking better management approaches to/for use with workers from a diﬀerent generation, either younger or older.
The registration fee includes facilitation by our highly rated faculty members, course materials, results-oriented exercises, meal service (breakfast, lunch and breaks)*, and a certificate of completion from the McGill Executive Institute.
*Meal service is included for in-person programs only.