Essential Management Skills
Enable your transition to a management role
This program is essential for new and developing managers who wish to acquire best practices for success in managing people and handling on-the-job challenges. You will gain a comprehensive understanding of what makes an eﬀective manager, from developing positive relationships or exercising team leadership and motivating people to setting performance expectations and coaching staﬀ to empower growth.
This flagship course boasts thousands of graduates and is a compulsory training step for recently appointed managers in many organizations.
Key Benefits and Takeaways
- Develop a broad understanding of managerial concepts, techniques, and decision-making skills
- Practice implementing the key functions of a manager through hands-on exercises
- Increase your ability to motivate and engage others
- Examine proven tools to set and manage performance expectations
- Learn to build and maintain eﬀective collaboration and teamwork
- Discover ways to work through difficult conversations and discipline issues
This seminar is designed for all newly appointed managers, supervisors or project leaders as well as those with up to five years’ management experience. It is particularly helpful to professionals with several years’ technical expertise who have been promoted to management or team-leader positions. The concepts and examples are relevant to all functional areas.
The registration fee includes facilitation by our highly rated faculty members, course materials, results-oriented exercises, meal service (breakfast, lunch and breaks)*, and a certificate of completion from the McGill Executive Institute.
*Meal service is included for in-person programs only.