Analytics for Decision Making
Leveraging data for business value
The ability to use data to eﬀectively drive decisions is an integral part of modern management. In this seminar, you will learn the theoretical and practical applications of data analytics and how they apply to decision making. You will deepen your understanding of descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics. You will also learn how to use that data to develop insights through a series of exercises and case studies. Finally, participants will gain a deeper understanding of how to make data-driven business decisions within their organization. This course will enable you to be an informed and empowered manager of data. You will leave with a toolkit for making sense of data and using data to make decisions.
Key Benefits and Takeaways
- Think critically about data
- Diﬀerentiate between good and bad data
- Avoid data collection biases
- Apply descriptive, predictive or prescriptive analytics
- Understand diﬀerent applications of business analytics across industries and sectors
- Identify opportunities for creating value using business analytics
- Properly structure data for your organization
This seminar is for managers who want to eﬀectively translate data analytics into business value, but do not necessarily have the technical expertise to do the analysis themselves.
The registration fee includes facilitation by our highly rated faculty members, course materials, results-oriented exercises, meal service (breakfast, lunch and breaks)*, and a certificate of completion from the McGill Executive Institute.
*Meal service is included for in-person programs only.